Teams are the backbone of your organization. In departmental teams, you have employees with different experience and talent giving their best efforts to meet the team’s goals. Working groups bring together individuals from several different departments who share their perspective on organizational issues and then rally their coworkers in support of a new initiative. And then you have the Executive Team—a group of powerful leaders who align their resources to help the organization grow. Teams make it all work—if they’re working well together.
You see the signs of a thriving team in its members. Each member:
- is clear about their purpose and they agree on the direction for the organization.
- has personal ownership of team-related goals
- is aware of the team’s strengths and weaknesses
- engages in productive dialogue to address the obstacles that inhibit performance towards team goals.
- holds themselves and fellow teammates accountable to their commitments while maintaining professionalism, trust, and respect for one another.
Our customized Team Performance improvement process is a structured system designed to guide teams in achieving an effective team dynamic through improved communication, understanding of the team’s personality, its strengths and challenges, and building relationships that help the team realize new levels of performance.
Under the ever-increasing demands of work and life, “thriving” is not a given for teams—it requires specific skills and intentional practices for a team to truly thrive. Learn more about two solutions that can help your team go from surviving to thriving: Team Partnering and Team Performance Coaching.